It is the policy of Booth Library to maintain a learning environment that is respectful for all library users and conducive to study. Additionally library staff strive to protect library materials, furniture, and equipment.
- Booth Library permits the consumption of beverages carried in covered containers and individual, snack-size food items. All other foods and drinks are not permitted in the Library.
- Food delivery is not permitted unless in connection with an event coordinated by Hospitality Services or by advance permission of the Library.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- All tobacco products are prohibited (Including vaping or the use of e-cigarettes or chewing tobacco products).
- Acceptable covered beverage containers include disposable coffee and soft drink cups with lids, plastic or glass bottles with twist-on lids, travel mugs, and sport-type water bottles.
- Acceptable food items include individual snack-size containers of chips, cookies, candy, and other snack foods; candy bars, granola bars and power bars; small containers of finger foods (e.g., cut fruits and vegetables, dried fruits and nuts, string cheese), and small whole fruits, such as apples or bananas.
- Unacceptable food/drink items include, food that is aromatic (e.g. popcorn), potentially messy, or intended for consumption by more than one person (e.g., hot entrees, burgers, French fries, pizza, noodles, sub sandwiches, burritos, tacos, soup, salads, large-size bags or packages of chips, etc.).
In effect 9 April 2015